Translate

Tuesday 6 June 2017

Aggressive Pepe leaves sentimental message for Real fans and slams Zidane as he says farewell!

 After 10 seasons leading the defence at Santiago Bernabeu, Pepe's journey nears to its end. He stepped in the club on 12 july 2007, made 334 appearances and won 14 trophies. His contract ends on 30 june 2017, and there's no sign that the club wants to renew. So he posted some photos on instagram with a goodbye note (@official_pepe).

   A few hours after the Champions League win against Juventus, the Portoguese defender spoke to Cadena Cope explaining why he has to leave the Spanish capital, without confirming any agreement with PSG. 

  "It is clear that I will leave Real Madrid , an important stage of my career has come to an end. It is time to look ahead and advance to the next step. At the moment I have not signed anything with anyone, there are many clubs interested in me, some even in the Premier League. We'll see what happens."
   
      So Pepe spoke about his future. Arriving at Real Madrid from Porto in 2007 for just over 30 million euro figure, the Portuguese had immediately won the title in central defense, becoming a reference point for the team and one of the symbols of the fans. He also spoke how he struggled under Zidane, so he added:
  
 "Zidane and the club knew that I would leave after the Champions League final. The coach has done spectacular things but he behaved in a haphazard manner with me. They disappeared from the field without even knowing why, I'd be really curious to know the reasons for his choices. On the contrary, I enjoyed the sincerity that Rafa Benitez has had on me."

  And about his relation with Florentino Perez, he added:

   "With the president it has always been a professional relationship but not friendship. It was very painful to see the club lose interest in my problems. I had to resolve them alone with the authorities.The board of directors it's just screwed. For Real Madrid I gave blood and sweat in every game I played, I will be forever linked to this city and to the fans."
  
The 34-year-old has been linked with a move to the French giants PSG. The club is looking forward to sign new quality players to bloster their squad after a disappointing season. 













No comments:

Post a Comment